Want to help tackle climate change, support communities in Wales and invest ethically? Then this is your opportunity!
YnNi Teg are offering people and schools in Wales the chance to become a part owner of their community energy scheme, and win up to £250 of shares by entering our ‘Renewable Energy in Wales’ photograph competition. The overall winner will receive £250 of shares and 11 Runners up will win £100 of shares for themselves or their school if they are under 16.
You don’t have to submit a photo or win the competition to become a member, anyone can invest in and become a member of YnNi Teg for as little as £100. Anyone who invests will become an equal member of our community benefit society and we are projecting a 5% annual return on shares for our members. For more information please have a look at our Share offer document and join the movement for cleaner, greener, community owned energy.
YnNi Teg will be looking for photos which are of projects in Wales, and which match one (or more) of the following three themes:
- Renewable Energy and People
- Renewable Energy and the Environment.
- Community Energy Project
There will be 3 age categories which are 16 and over, 12-15 and 11 and under.
Please note that the grand prize of £250 will only be awarded to photos which fall under the theme ‘Community Energy Project’ as we are keen to promote community owned projects in Wales.
Not Sure where the nearest Community Energy Project is to you? Take a look at our Members map!
The Green Valleys
Awel Aman Tawe
Cardiff Community Energy
Cwmni Nod Glas Cyf
Welcome to our Woods
Transition Bro Gwaun
Lower Park Farm
Friends of Taff Bargoed
Llangattock Green Valleys
Swansea Community Energy
St David's Eco City Group
Men's Shed Treorchy
Small Wind Co-op
Y Dreff Werdd
Ynni Ogwen Cyf
- To submit your photo(s), please either email it to email@example.com or Tweet it to @YnniTeg using the hashtag #YnNiTegPhotoComp. Please remember to state your name, age (if you are younger than 16), phone number, date of picture and where the picture was taken.
- You can submit as many entries as you like.
- The competition is open to all ages. If you are under 16, please get a parent or appropriate adult to send your pictures through on your behalf.
- The grand prize is £500 worth of shares in the YnNi Teg Community Wind Project. Eleven runners up will receive £100 of shares each for themselves (+16) or for their School (<16). You can find further details about YnNi Teg here.
- The best picture will be decided by a panel of judges made up of YnNi Teg and Community Energy Wales Directors, and will be announced in September.
- Deadline for submission of entries is 07/09/2018.
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions:
- By submitting a photo you are agreeing for it to be posted on the YnNi Teg and Community Energy Wales Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and website. The picture(s) may also be used in the future to promote community energy by either YnNi Teg or Community Energy Wales, with an appropriate credit.
- If at any stage you would like to withdraw your photo(s), you can do so by emailing email@example.com at any time.
- It is the responsibility of the photographer, or their parent/guardian if the picture is being submitted on behalf of a child, to ensure that any people explicitly identifiable in the photos have given their permission for their image to be used.
- The prize will be posted to a UK address only.
- Please ensure that you have permission from the landowner if accessing private land
This page is also available in: Welsh